Back from the dead.

Hey there everyone.

So I’m back from Thailand, was only there for a week, but it was well worth it.. even tho we flew with Thomas Cook Scandinaviam which undoubtedly must be the worst airline to travel with in all times. Long haul flight, drink lots and lots of water.. right, you’ll have to pay out of your ass for it. You didn’t even get anything to drink with the food they served.. bullshit.

Me and ThaiTed stayed in Patong, on the island of Phuket.. talk about change of culture from sweden, but I liked it, I liked it a lot (as a leftwinged swede, I don’t actually think I’m allowed to like Thailand.. it’s to mainstream, or something).

I’ll put up some pictures from the trip on Flickr later today :)

Yeah, I’ve been home for like, almost a week, but as soon as I got home, I got some kind of virus thingie, and got super sick :(

All better now tho, so let the party begin! :D

Speaking of party.. no one liked the latest shirt?

This just goes to show, all the artsy/different stuff I do, you guys don’t seem to like.. we’ll just make straightforward no-brainer shirts from now on then I guess, which is kinda sad, since you can get that from everywhere else. And I know you don’t like it, since out of 30.000 people who come here every day, we’ve only sold one shirt from that design :). Thanks to the dude who ordered one tho, you’ll be unique as hell. This shirt won’t be reprinted, so I’m guessing you could call this a limited 50 shirt :)

…is it just me, or are people getting less and less interactive with each other btw? Back in the day, I used to get tons of emails every week from readers, talking about random stuff, shouting at me.. and sometimes, even praising me. Nowadays, I get nada, zip, nothing.

Am I loosing it? Am I loosing touch with you guys? How do we fix this? Should I rant more? What can I do? Nekkid pixx!?

Same with the store.. we could at least move 20 shirts or so when we launched something new.. but now.. 1?

Oh well, that’s life. I guess Little Gamers’ been around for so long that people just take the comic for granted, and then move on, thinking it’s been running so long that we don’t need/want love anymore.

I love you all tho, don’t ever doubt that.
XOXO

(crap, this was a long rant.. and so very emo™ heh)

Mojaru
March 31st, 2010 at 11:02 am

Well I wouldn’t know what to e-mail you about… I don’t thinkI got anything important for you to hear, so I rather not bother you… Hell I don’t even have your e-mail…
For the shirt, I just didn’t like the design or joke super much

rené
March 31st, 2010 at 11:10 am

Two words: Financial Crisis

what
March 31st, 2010 at 12:00 pm

rene: simple answer to that, NO, thats not the reason

BlueFox
March 31st, 2010 at 12:24 pm

Little Gamers is the best comic I take for granted.

fuzz
March 31st, 2010 at 12:41 pm

aww, we still love you dude.
I don’t suppose you know anything about proxy auto config scripts do you?

mario
March 31st, 2010 at 12:57 pm

Personally, as someone with a tattoo of Mario/Link/nintendo kanji – i would totally buy this shirt… if i wasn’t jobless; mostly* homeless & dealing with a ton of medical crap lol.

Aww what it would be to have more monies :( – eh as they say; Fuck ‘Em – Do what you do and keep it up :)

Echo
March 31st, 2010 at 1:09 pm

A mario/link/nintendo kanji tattoo that would be awesome!!!! i so want to see.

Yea i was thinkin of makin an order but i go noooooooo cash till thursday or friday.

Kremer
March 31st, 2010 at 3:32 pm

I like the artsy shirt more, this wasn’t that great. Also I have two bad expierences with topacato. So it needs to be super awesome to give it another gamble.

But the comics are still rockin. keep going.

mr.madsen
March 31st, 2010 at 3:38 pm

Thanks for all the kind words ^^
Btw, Kremer, feel like telling me about your two bad experiences with Topatoco?

Adrian
March 31st, 2010 at 4:01 pm

Too bad to see a sad rant like that =’/ I’ve really been enjoying LG for I don’t know how many years now, and it’s still one of the best webcomics out there. One thing that I do miss tho, and you took that up yourself, is the ranting. You guys used to have multiple rants per comic, from different people. Nowayadays it feels like you just post something random because you have to =( Not saying it’s not good, but that might be why people are less active in that department.

Like I said, the comic’s still great, and so are you for keeping up this work! This might just be a dip, so don’t let it get you down :)

Vanheden
March 31st, 2010 at 4:18 pm

ive always liked LG and i think dat nekkid pixx would take our relationship to the next level so bring it on!

Matthias
March 31st, 2010 at 5:01 pm

We should blame Facebook and Co. for sucking up all our social needs :)

And hey, there is a picture of me in Book #3….LG, love for life!
Which includes sometimes not liking a shirt design ;)

Matthias
March 31st, 2010 at 5:07 pm

Ah, and now after checking the store again I remember: Shipping to Europe is a bitch. 13$ for “terrible” 6 week shipping? 30$ or more else? No thanks. (Not at all TopatoCo fault! It the UPS fuckers…)

tacgnol
March 31st, 2010 at 5:53 pm

All smart people move away from games, and other tech related time-sinks and attention grabbers in favor of living normal life, with calm supportive friends. “minimizing dependencies” ‘n stuff, so they have more quality time for their families and kids, and mostly doing something real. Plus dunno if its me or is it real, but recently it feels you turned a bit darker, humor wise.

For me even tho i played games a lot, i figured out one day that making own reality around me is more fun than creating imaginary one. Tho still i often find some time to play games, but not commercial ones, since they truly suck nowadays. Instead nice opensource ones, like springrts or teeworlds or freeciv or some old mame-based games on my netbook. (dualshock + netbook = <3 btw :) )

Also there might be at play rule of restaurant. When nice cozy restaurant opens, they have small client base, so they make good food, after that more people notice it, restaurant grows, and stops being cozy place, but its meeting place for all, food is still good, but they spread its quality a bit in favor of serving larger consumer base. After that it either grows into nationwide chain, or sinks. Thats the life-cycle of many things.

I hope it wont get you depressed, but only will help you figure out where to grow next :)

Chad
March 31st, 2010 at 6:51 pm

Like Adrian I also think that you need some more ranting, I still love the strip but I get more excited when there’s some new rant. I remember the old times when Marcus or Naku (Where are they BTW) would rant on something besides the daily strip.
But keep up the great work dude, and I promise to buy a shirt when i’m employed lol.

Rob
March 31st, 2010 at 8:58 pm

I’m actually pretty new to LG, and I love it. Tacgnol brings up a lot of good (and valid for me) points, but I also think there is another thing.
Even though the web is now ‘social’ and all that, I find that in most (popular) sites your comment is drowning in all the other comments. I’d never think about emailing you, as I would expect that you already get a shitload of email so I’d just be another one in the stack..

Just my 2 cts… keep up the comic man, it rocks.

megaWii
April 1st, 2010 at 1:11 am

i emaild you some time ago but didn’t get an answer so i cried and started to slowly make you my nemesis !!!! and in other news why don’t we hace a LG game clan for xbox live and “psn” i wan’t to know that when i feel the need to “kill” madsen and the other dude that i can in a game !!! why ????

B.Schuss
April 1st, 2010 at 8:45 am

Like tacgnol said, I also think the strip has changed somewhat, with you guys moving away from the actual gamer-related topics to more “serious” themes, and a darker sense of humor.
I still like it ( it’s among my Personal Top 5 Webcomics ), but it’s not as much “fun” as it used to be.
Also, I miss the Ninjas. They should definitely get more exposure..^^

greets from Germany :)

korky
April 1st, 2010 at 9:34 am

the last shirt just was not good. that is all. at least for me, it did not make sense as a joke or whatever. i got many of your other shirts though because i kind of liked them.

your comic is great though, once in a while i forward it to friends, when a good strip comes on.

greetings from Slovakia

Hugomanen
April 1st, 2010 at 11:30 am

Personally i have considered several of the shirts, but when shipping starts at at least approx 50% of the shirt prize, then principles kick in
Is there any way for you guys to get an european hub?

darine
April 1st, 2010 at 12:31 pm

Another eurodude who’s sad about the delivery costs from TopatoCo :(

I’ve bought multiple t-shirts and hoodies (LG for me, Softa for the wife), but the recent one I’m afraid just didn’t do “it” for me.

You’ve had more emails/comments from me than any other webcomic author I read regularly ;)

Mad Banana
April 1st, 2010 at 3:15 pm

As a Brit, I would also buy more shirts if the shipping wasn’t so high. I don’t understand why a European comic has to get shirts printed by Septics ob the wrong side of the pond. This then makes it extortionate to buy a couple of shirts. I once went to the store, slung a handful of shirts in the basket – but left them there when I saw the cost of shipping (and it does NOT add to confidence to see the note they now have about “we don’t care if the stuff gets lost in the post”. If they can’t trust their own choice of shipping company – why should I trust them?) This store is loosing you sales.

Cyphs
April 1st, 2010 at 3:38 pm

Personally I am too broke to but anything right now, although once i graduate from college in May im going to be buying all of your guy’s posters if that helps. Love the comic by the way. Ive been reading since 2005 and ive gotten about 20 of my friends hooked on it too.

mario
April 1st, 2010 at 5:24 pm

Lol; well since it was asked and I forgot to look here:

I beat the original Super Mario Bros when i was 3 yrs old; and ever since been a huge nintendo fan. My tattoo artist Byron @ Altered Skin in Missoula, MT created this for me. The kanji comes directly from Nintendo (took me bout 2 weeks of pestering them to get a copy emailed to me) it means “aspire to the temple in the heavens” and from what they said it represents “a corporation whose fortune or prosperity should be left to the mercy of heaven.” -_- neat thing i learned lol

But yea; I’d totally buy more stuff If i could afford it.. perhaps the whole cancer thing and jobless thing will get me some sympathy soon and someone will hire me for a desk job lol..

Personally I <3 LG and been a huge fan; and regardless hope you guys keep up the kickass work :)

Xan
April 1st, 2010 at 5:32 pm

Erm, you call that shirt design artsy?
Why? It’s just some lame white text on a red shirt.

Your usual comic design is more artsy than the shirt,

sven
April 1st, 2010 at 9:01 pm

perhaps if you actually made comics that had something to do with games, and shirts related to those games/comics, you might get a better response. for a comic called ‘little gamers’ there is a lack of detail related to the intended topic. therefore, most of us can’t relate to you and your personal life (which seems to take up more time on the comic every day).

Alex
April 1st, 2010 at 10:20 pm

Maybe I should’ve shown more love but hopefully the fact that LG has been a part of my daily life for several years now and that I still love it (even / especially the “new” dark humor) shows how important your comics are to me.

I do agree with the previous comments though: High shipping costs effectively prevents me from ordering most stuff, maybe you could do something about that?

greetings from Germany
Alex

Zweiblumen
April 2nd, 2010 at 1:47 am

You are still the best. But i only buy the good ones of you (1 hood, 2 shirts, 3 books) Allways liked your stories in the past.

Kremer
April 2nd, 2010 at 9:59 am

The shirts from Topatoco just didn’t arrive. They warned us it could take longer because we live in that magical country far away, the Netherlands, but it took months. And that was after contacting them and it needed a resend. Second it didn’t arrive and we just canceled it and asked the money back.

Remember