FFXI Free trial!

People.. you should all go and download the 14 day free trial of FFXI :D (might be US only, don’t know). I’m on a server called “Phoenix” if you’re interested.

It’s a game you should at least try, and now when it’s free, you have no excuse.. see you there!

UPDATE (from the comments):

Panda Man
October 18th, 2008 at 3:02 am

I downloaded the game and it wants me to join to playonline? it keeps asking me for a registration code which I don’t have, is this a con for people who aren’t already joined up to playonline, or am I just missing something?

Aurlai
October 19th, 2008 at 3:26 am

No its not a con, you click the link and download through fileplanet, which then lets you sign up for a registration code on the download page. It gets sent to your email. You then run playonline which is like a launcher application for FFXI, you then sign up for the playonline account, and register the game via the code you got. then you can play the game, which is alot of fun..

Panda Man
October 18th, 2008 at 3:02 am

Aurlai
October 19th, 2008 at 3:26 am

No its not a con, you click the link and download through fileplanet, which then lets you sign up for a registration code on the download page. It gets sent to your email. You then run playonline which is like a launcher application for FFXI, you then sign up for the playonline account, and register the game via the code you got. then you can play the game, which is alot of fun, just be prepared for a huge update time, even though i just downloaded the game, ive got to update FFXI which will take 8 hours.

Byrd
October 19th, 2008 at 8:43 pm

Lol i played FFXI for a while got a 20war/10mnk then i started playing WoW. so much easier. and dont have to worry about that pesky translator and all your recipies are in game so there is no guess work or looking them up :) but i love LG with all my heart if i ever go back to it ill try for pheonix server.

Kenny
October 20th, 2008 at 5:15 am

It shouldn’t take that long to update. I just recently got the recent collection on the XBox which has FFXI and all four expansions, and it only took me an hour to update.

Haroldo
October 20th, 2008 at 2:50 pm

I finally bought the game and I’m just waiting for it to arrive (and update the damn thing on dial-up). I was considering Phoenix anyway for some other reason but it’s nice to know it’s Madsen’s World as well.

bakkuzu
October 20th, 2008 at 8:27 pm

Just tried the FFXI trial, but after having played more modern itterations of the genre I could not stand it for more than 10min. Sorry :S

Anonymoose
October 22nd, 2008 at 7:15 pm

Wtf man? At first, I got an error code saying “POL-1505”, and then when I could finally start the game, I get to the character creator, and the app just stops. And I can only run it in full screen… Please help. :(

Indigo Haze
October 31st, 2008 at 9:29 pm

Dude… I decided to give it a shot… spent 35 minutes downloading it (gotta love fiber ‘net links) and now it’s telling me 7.5 hours to PATCH? Whiskey Tango Foxtrot, over?

Remember